Sunday, January 12, 2014

Lookin' Like a Ten, Dressed to the Nines, Partied to the Eight(ies)

January 4, 2014
Below: photo credits to A. B.
Dress: TJ Maxx || Blazer: thrifted || Wedges: H&M || Necklace: gift
The last Saturday before the winter quarter began, I was blessed to have been able to spend it with family friends I rarely see, and haven't seen for a few years. The occasion? A 50th birthday celebration  of one of my dad's college best friends. The venue was about two and a half hours drive away, so I brought along some company. 
Below: photo credits to A. B.
The popular photo booth, and its array of quirky props.
And of course, the main entertainment of the night: a live band that played the best of the 80's. A night of dancing away our cares, catching up with dear friends, seeing how much everyone has changed and grown, and enjoying each other's company before we had to hit the road again for another two and a half hours. 
Below: photo credits to A. B.
Kept myself warm that night with my dad's old sweater. Knowing where your clothes come from and its history, just gives it that little bit of extra character. Anyway, 'twas a great night that ended my winter vacation sweetly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment