Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Start of the Food Trips

June 20, 2014
Just sayin', this was my life the first third of the summer. I kid you not, I probably had this everyday for a week (or two). Chipotle who?

Want to make this for yourself? I'm so excited about this amazing meal, I might in fact just share a recipe (my first ever on the blog)! That way you can find out what I'm raving about!

Ingredients (makes enough for 1):
1 tomato
2 corn cob kernels (~1 cup)
1/8-1/4 cup of rice/quinoa (this is optional too, because sometimes I just wanted a salad bowl)
green onions
sour cream
salt
paprika
cayenne pepper
chili powder
garlic powder

optional:
cooked meat of your choice (great with chicken, pork, shrimp, etc.)
beans (black or pinto, just like good ol' Chipotle)

Recipe:
1. Dice tomatoes into square chunks, slice kernels off your corncobs (or use canned/frozen corn kernels), chop green onions
2. Put rice into your bowl, then corn, and tomatoes. 
3. Sprinkle with spices (I go overboard with the paprika, garlic and chili powder just because I am BIG on spice and flavor)!
4. Place a dollop (or two) of sour cream, sprinkle with green onions, mix together (or not) and ENJOY!

Please let me know if you try this out and what you think of it! I literally just looked through my refrigerator, noticed some ingredients that could meld well together, and BAM this was born. 
Of course, the summer would not be complete without the traditional boba run with my dad and sister, just like my childhood when my mom would go grocery shopping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment