Saturday, February 9, 2013

Stained Tinted Colored

From left to right:
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain "Twilight" || Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain "Adore" || NYC Ultra Moist Lip Wear "Retro Red" #308 || NYC "Matte Me Crazy" topcoat nail polish || NYC "Plaza Palmberry" nail polish #139


I've been loving the deep reds and colored lips this winter season. Ever since getting my first red lip stick, I've been on the look out for various shades of red. What got me to the store to look for another Revlon product was a fashion blogger, who I've interview for a previous I.B.O.T.M., Ms. Ayana Giann Carlos. I noticed her deep red, almost plummy lip color in many recent outfit shots, and the color  against her tan skin was amazing. I just had to ask her what she was wearing and if she would recommend it. She is usually wearing her Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stain in "Crush". Unfortunately when I went to a drug store, they ran out of several of the shades, including "Crush". I didn't want to leave empty handed, and fortunately for me there was a Buy One Get One 50% Off special on Revlon products. That just prompted me to look for another Revlon product. After choosing what seemed to be a close relative of "Crush", I decided to pick up the lip stain in "Twilight", which seemed to be a gorgeous plum red. 


 I went off in search of other clearance products, and found that NYC products were 40% off, so picked up a classic red lipstick, quickly grabbed a matte top coat (which I've been wanting for a while) and, to continue with the theme of dark, plum, reds for the winter season, a "Plaza Plumberry"nail polish. I tried out two of the lip products, but I'll let you all know how long they last when worn out during a whole day. When first applied, all the lip products applied nicely and smoothly. I still need to learn how to apply a felt-tip-pen-like applicator of the Revlon lip stain in "Twilight", and to prevent the creamy red NYC lip stick from any possible smearing while I talk, but I guess it's all trial and error. However, I definitely am a happy camper with the shades I chose and of course, the clearance prices.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain "Twilight"


NYC Ultra Moist Lip Wear "Retro Red" #308


Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain "Adore"




No comments:

Post a Comment