Monday, December 17, 2012

Cotillion Chaos


This past Saturday I was part my best friend's cotillion court! We spent about three months preparing our performances and finally showed our family and friends what we've been practicing. It was a lot of work, but it definitely paid off. Despite obstacles, such as time constraints, technological problems, and space, I think I can speak on behalf of all the court that we definitely just didn't care anymore and the point of the night was just to celebrate and have fun with one another. 


I have never been to the venue and had no idea what to expect, so once we got there, it was definitely amazing to see everything come together. 


As you can tell, the color theme was magenta, so EVERYTHING was brightly bathed in a magenta hue. From the tablecloths, to the guys' ties, to the girls' waistbands, we popped in pink!


After the formalities of the dinner, performances, eighteen roses, eighteen candles, and the cupcakes, it was time for the dance partaaay. Even though many of the adults didn't come to the dance floor and it wasn't so hyped up and as filled with as much energy as I expected, the court didn't care and we all just ran in and danced with the little kids. 


Since not as many people danced and people started leaving early, the party actually ended an hour earlier than planned. However, we know we had fun and made a lot of memories during this night of frantic preparation, but a lot of laughs. 


Sorry for the grainy outfit post, this was taken when I got back home from the party! The girls ordered a black, sparkly, high-low dress online from Forever 21 and the debutante's mother hand sewed the ribbons for all the girls to wear around their waists. My black velvet wedges were from Cotton On and my black flats were from Loehmans. 


Make up was done by one of my titas, who was also the mother of one of the girls on the court. Some things I remember her putting on me were my BB Cream from The Faceshop, Lancome eye shadows (the purple and light pink), MAC eye shadows (base, crease, and contoured my nose), black pencil eyeliner, high light to the inner corners of my eyes, highlighter/illuminator on my cheek bones, Covergirl mascara, Lancome blush, finishing powder, and I set my face with my Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray.



My younger sister was the official hair stylist for the night, and did an amazing job getting all the girls to look glamorous. All the girls had curls, and had some variation of a braid incorporated in their hair. For me, my hair was curled with a curling iron, then she fishtailed my hair to the side, tying it with a clear elastic band and pinned it down with bobby pins. To set, my hair was sprayed with hair spray. 


It was an amazing night, and I wish my best friend an amazing eighteenth year! There were several things I wish we could have done over again, but the fun and laughs we shared could never be replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment