Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Let's Face It

"Power Perfection" BB Cream (SPF 37, Natural Beige): The Face Shop

Finally got my hands on a Korean BB Cream, courtesy of my tita in the Philippines. This summer, I held back on the foundation and kept my make up very simple: curled lashes, lips, bronzer, and sunblock (MOST important to keeping skin healthy and preventing skin cancer! Don't ever forget it! I use Aveeno Facial sunblock year round).

My go to foundation is the Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Original Foundation layered with the bareMinerals Mineral Veil to keep my face matte and keep my makeup on all day. However, I wanted to try a liquid-type of foundation. I came across the amazing idea of BB Creams, so have been on the hunt for one that wasn't too drying, gave good coverage, gave me a dewy/healthy finish, and of course sun protection.

Haven't tried this BB Cream from The Face Shop yet, but will keep you guys posted on how it turns out.

UPDATE: I have tried this 2x now. The second time is right now, so awaiting the results! The first time I had it on my face for about 6 hours and loved the staying power. I expected the BB cream to either make my oily areas (forehead, chin, nose) to become extremely oily or dry out my dry patches of skin. It actually made my face look a tad bit lighter than my usual skin color, but other than that it evened out my skin tone and faded my red splotches and acne  scars. It gave me the slightly dewy finish that I've been searching for (think Korean drama actresses and their healthy, youthful glow). It didn't give me a flawless, photoshopped looking face, but it did give me enough coverage and felt like nothing is on my face. I only needed half a pea-sized drop to give me a sheer finish. When this bottle finishes (which will be a while since a little goes a long way) I'll definitely get this again!


On the front:
A BB Cream providing total skin treatment to achieve a "POWER PERFECTION SKIN" by imparting proactive care to overall skin problems including bagginess, roughness and dryness



On the back:
SPF 37, PA++
40g/1.41 oz.


No comments:

Post a Comment